Last updated: 04-04-2013
A A A A
- This is a living will and/or durable power of attorney for health care decisions. As a patient, you have the right to include this in your medical record, and to have it followed to the extent that is medically appropriate and lawful.
- Learn more about Advance Directive, or call the Center for Ethics at 202-877-0246 for more information.
- Most patients will receive two bills, one for hospital services and one for physician services.
- Please contact your insurance company before surgery, to familiarize yourself with your plan and its coverage.
- Financial Clearance will call to preregister you and to obtain/validate demographic information, if you have not been in the hospital over the last 60 days. Financial Clearance will also discuss your coverage, and any patient liability that is due. If no one has contacted you within 72 hours before your surgery, please call customer service, at 410-933-2424.
- All patients/families should park in the Hospital Parking Garage. The garage is located closest to the main entrance. If you are driving yourself for inpatient surgery, arrange to have your car picked up. Cars left in the parking garage for more than 72 hours will be towed at the owner's expense.
- The hospital validates one parking ticket for outpatient procedures, preoperative testing, and the day of discharge for patients. If you will be at the hospital for an extended amount of time, you may purchase discounted parking coupons.
- Learn more about parking and entrances at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, including information on the cost of parking.